Date of Last Revision: May 13, 2020
Please read this Agreement carefully to ensure that you understand each provision. This agreement contains a mandatory individual arbitration and class action/jury trial waiver provision that requires the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions.
- Our Service
This is a contract between you and The Skills. You must read and agree to these terms before using the The Skills Service. If you do not agree, you may not use the Service. You may use the Service only if you can form a binding contract with The Skills, and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Any use or access to the Service by anyone under 16 is strictly prohibited and in violation of this Agreement. The Service is not available to any Users previously removed from the Service by The Skills.
- Limited License
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, freely revocable license to use the Service for your personal, noncommercial use only, as permitted by the features of the Service, and not for resale or export. The Skills reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service and The Skills Content (as defined below). THE SKILLS MAY REVOKE YOUR ACCESS TO ANY THE SKILLS CONTENT (AS DEFINED BELOW) ON THE SERVICE AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON.
- User Accounts
Your account on the Service (your “User Account”) gives you access to the services and functionality that we may establish and maintain from time to time and in our sole discretion. By connecting to The Skills with a third-party service, you give us permission to access and use your information from that service as permitted by that service, and to store your log-in credentials for that service.
You may never use another User’s User Account without permission. When creating your User Account, you must provide accurate and complete information, and you must keep this information up to date. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your User Account, and you must keep your User Account password secure. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your User Account. You must notify The Skills immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your User Account. The Skills will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your User Account.
You may control your User profile and how you interact with the Service by changing the settings in your settings page. By providing The Skills your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, such as changes to features of the Service and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out or change your preferences in your settings page. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
- Service Rules
You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities: (i) copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Service in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated “scraping”; (ii) using any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to The Skills servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser (except that The Skills grants the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy publicly available materials from the Service for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials); (iii) transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email; (iv) attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service; (v) taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (vi) uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service; (vii) collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service; (viii) using the Service for any commercial solicitation purposes or for public performance or display; (ix) impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity; (x) interfering with the proper working of the Service; (xi) accessing any content on the Service through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Service; or (xii) bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content therein.
- Changes to the Service
We may, without prior notice, change the Service; stop providing the Service or features of the Service, to you or to Users generally; or create usage limits for the Service. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.
- Disputes with Other Users
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. The Skills shall have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction.
- Service Location
The Service is controlled and operated from facilities in the United States. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable United States and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to export and import regulations. You may not use the Service if you are a resident of a country embargoed by the United States, or are a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the United States government. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located in the United States.
- User Content
Some areas of the Service allow Users to submit, post, display, provide, or otherwise make available content such as profile information, comments, questions, and other content or information (any such materials a User submits, posts, displays, provides, or otherwise makes available on the Service is referred to as “User Content”).
We claim no ownership rights over User Content created by you. The User Content you create remains yours. However, you understand that certain portions of the Service may allow other Users to view, edit, share, and/or otherwise interact with your User Content. By providing or sharing User Content through the Service, you agree to allow others to view, edit, share, and/or interact with your User Content in accordance with your settings and this Agreement. The Skills has the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to remove any User Content that is shared via the Service.
By submitting, posting, displaying, providing, or otherwise making available any User Content on or through the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant, to The Skills a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, syndicate, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Service and The Skills’ (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each User of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under this Agreement.
For the purposes of this Agreement, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction.
In connection with your User Content, you affirm, represent and warrant the following:
- You have the written consent of each and every identifiable natural person in the User Content, if any, to use such person’s name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Service and this Agreement, and each such person has released you from any liability that may arise in relation to such use.
- You have obtained and are solely responsible for obtaining all consents as may be required by law to post any User Content relating to third parties.
- Your User Content and The Skills’ use thereof as contemplated by this Agreement and the Service will not violate any law or infringe any rights of any third party, including but not limited to any Intellectual Property Rights and privacy rights.
- The Skills may exercise the rights to your User Content granted under this Agreement without liability for payment of any guild fees, residuals, payments, fees, or royalties payable under any collective bargaining agreement or otherwise.
- To the best of your knowledge, all your User Content and other information that you provide to us is truthful and accurate.
The Skills takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other User or third party posts, sends, or otherwise makes available over the Service. You shall be solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting, publishing it, sharing it, or otherwise making it available on the Service, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that The Skills shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of or relating to any User Content.
- Our Proprietary Rights
Except for your User Content, the Service and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music, and User Content belonging to other Users (the “The Skills Content”), and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of The Skills and its licensors (including other Users who post User Content to the Service). Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any The Skills Content. Use of The Skills Content for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Ideas”). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place The Skills under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, The Skills does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to The Skills, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
- Paid Services
- Paid Services. Certain aspects of the Service may be provided or upgraded for a fee (e.g., Users may access The Skills Content streamed over the Internet to computers and mobile phones (“Devices”)). To purchase access to and use the Service, you must have an Internet-connected Device, agree to this Agreement, and provide us with one or more Payment Methods (as defined below). You may purchase our Service on behalf a third party, and such third party may access the applicable Service via an Internet-connected Device and after agreeing to this Agreement, without providing us with a Payment Method. We may add new services for additional fees and charges, add or amend fees and charges for existing services, at any time in our sole discretion; provided, however, that if we have offered a specific duration and subscription fees for your use of our subscription Service (“Subscription”), we agree that the applicable subscription fees will remain in force for that duration.
- Subscription. We may offer a number of Subscription plans, including special promotional plans or Subscriptions. We make Subscriptions available on an automatically renewing subscription basis for recurring fees. IF YOU SIGN UP FOR A SUBSCRIPTION, THE CORRESPONDING ANNUAL FEES AT THE RATE SET FORTH IN YOUR ACCOUNT AND/OR ON THE CHECKOUT PAGE WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW ANNUALLY ON A CONTINUOUS BASIS UNLESS AND UNTIL YOU NOTIFY US IN WRITING AT LEAST THIRTY (30) DAYS PRIOR TO THE NEXT ANNUAL RENEWAL THAT YOU WANT TO CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION, OR WE SUSPEND, DISCONTINUE OR TERMINATE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT, AS APPLICABLE. YOUR NOTICE OF CANCELLATION TO US MUST BE IN WRITING AND SENT TO firstname.lastname@example.org AND WILL BE EFFECTIVE AT THE END OF THE THEN-CURRENT TERM OF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT UNLESS AND UNTIL YOU NOTIFY US OF YOUR CANCELLATION, YOUR SUBSCRIPTION AND ALL CORRESPONDING FEES MAY AUTOMATICALLY RENEW, AND YOU AUTHORIZE US OR OUR AUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PAYMENT PROVIDER (WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU, UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW) TO CHARGE YOU THE SUBSCRIPTION FEES AND ANY TAXES, USING ANY ELIGIBLE PAYMENT METHOD WE HAVE ON RECORD FOR YOU.
- Billing Policies. If you elect to use paid aspects of the Service, you agree to our Pricing Terms, as we may update them from time to time. We may authorize your Payment Method for Service-related charges through various methods. The length of your billing cycle may depend on the subscription plan you choose when you register for a Subscription. In some cases, your payment date may change, for example if your Payment Method has not successfully settled. Any change to our Pricing Terms shall become effective in the billing cycle following notice of such change to you as provided in this Agreement.
- Payment Information; Taxes. "Payment Method" means a current, valid, accepted method of payment, as may be updated from time to time and which may include payment through your account with a third party. We accept various Payment Methods through a payment processor, such as Stripe. By using our Service, you agree to be bound by Stripe’s Services Agreement available at https://stripe.com/us/legal. You can update your Payment Method by emailing email@example.com. We may also update your Payment Method using information provided by your payment service provider. Following any update, you authorize us to continue to charge the applicable Payment Method. All information that you provide in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with the Service must be accurate, complete, and current. You agree to pay all charges incurred by users of your credit card, debit card, or other payment method used in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with the Service at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. You will pay any applicable taxes, if any, relating to any such purchases, transactions or other monetary transaction interactions. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not cancel your User Account, we may suspend your access to the Service until we have successfully charged a valid Payment Method. For some Payment Methods, the issuer may charge you certain fees, such as foreign transaction fees or other fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- Cancellation; No Refunds. You may cancel your User Account and/or Subscription at any time. If you cancel your Subscription, you will continue to have access to the Service through the end of your billing period; however, there are no refunds for cancellation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel your Subscription and all access rights therein within 24 hours of your initial order in exchange for a refund to your original Payment Method of fees paid for such Subscription. Refunds are not available for User Accounts without corresponding Subscriptions or for User Accounts which have violated this Agreement; violations are determined at The Skills’ sole discretion. To cancel, go to your Billings page on our Service and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your Subscription, your User Account will be automatically suspended or terminated at the end of your current billing period. In the event that The Skills suspends or terminates your User Account or this Agreement for your breach of this Agreement at The Skills’ discretion, you understand and agree that you shall receive no refund or exchange for any unused time on a Subscription, any license or subscription fees for any portion of the Service, any content or data associated with your User Account, or for anything else.
- California Residents. The provider of services is set forth herein. If you are a California resident, in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112 Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916) 445-1254.
- No Professional Advice
To the extent the Service provides professional information, such information is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. No action should be taken based upon any information contained in the Service. You should seek independent professional advice from a person who is licensed and/or qualified in the applicable area.
The Skills cares about the integrity and security of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
- DMCA Notice
Since we respect artist and content owner rights, it is The Skills’ policy to respond to alleged infringement notices that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”).
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via the Service, please notify The Skills’ copyright agent as set forth in the DMCA. For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit The Skills to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
The above information must be submitted to the following DMCA Agent:
Attn: DMCA Notice
The Skills, Inc.
Address: 605 13 Street
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Under federal law, if you knowingly misrepresent that online material is infringing, you may be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury and civil penalties, including monetary damages, court costs, and attorneys’ fees.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying The Skills and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with The Skills’ rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, The Skills has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, Users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. The Skills may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the User Accounts of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
- Third-Party Links and Information
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless The Skills and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service, including any data or content transmitted or received by you; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement, including without limitation your breach of any of the representations and warranties above; (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy or Intellectual Property Rights; (iv) your violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation; (v) User Content or any content that is submitted via your User Account including without limitation misleading, false, or inaccurate information; (vi) your willful misconduct; or (vii) any other party’s access and use of the Service with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code.
- No Warranty
The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Use of the Service is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from The Skills or through the Service will create any warranty not expressly stated herein. Without limiting the foregoing, The Skills, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that the content is accurate, reliable or correct; that the Service will meet your requirements; that the Service will be available at any particular time or location, uninterrupted or secure; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components. The quality of display of The Skills content may vary from device to device and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your internet connection. Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is downloaded at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or mobile device or loss of data that results from such download or your use of the Service.
Further, The Skills does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Service or any hyperlinked website or service, and The Skills will not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
Federal law, some states, provinces and other jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion and limitations of certain implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. This Agreement gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. The disclaimers and exclusions under this Agreement will not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall The Skills, its affiliates, agents, directors, employees, suppliers or licensors be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, arising out of or relating to the use of, or inability to use, the Service. Under no circumstances will The Skills be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from hacking, tampering or other unauthorized access or use of the Service or your account or the information contained therein.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, The Skills assumes no liability or responsibility for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content; (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to or use of our service; (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein; (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Service; (v) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through our service by any third party; (vi) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available through the Service; and/or (vii) User Content or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party. In no event shall The Skills, its affiliates, agents, directors, employees, suppliers, or licensors be liable to you for any claims, proceedings, liabilities, obligations, damages, losses or costs in an amount exceeding the amount you paid to The Skills hereunder or $100.00, whichever is greater.
This limitation of liability section applies whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if The Skills has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This Agreement gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. The disclaimers, exclusions, and limitations of liability under this Agreement will not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Governing Law, Arbitration, and Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver
- Governing Law. You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in California; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive one that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over us, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than California. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. The parties acknowledge that this Agreement evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce. Notwithstanding the preceding sentences with respect to the substantive law, any arbitration conducted pursuant to the terms of this Agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16). The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Los Angeles County, California for any actions for which we retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a our copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, as set forth in the Arbitration provision below, including any provisional relief required to prevent irreparable harm. You agree that Los Angeles County, California is the proper forum for any appeals of an arbitration award or for trial court proceedings in the event that the arbitration provision below is found to be unenforceable.
- Arbitration. Read this section carefully because it requires the parties to arbitrate their disputes and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from The Skills. For any dispute with The Skills, you agree to first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. In the unlikely event that The Skills has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after sixty (60) days, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding any claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as provided below) arising out of or in connection with or relating to this Agreement, or the breach or alleged breach thereof (collectively, “Claims”), by binding arbitration by JAMS, under the Optional Expedited Arbitration Procedures then in effect for JAMS, except as provided herein. JAMS may be contacted at www.jamsadr.com. The arbitration will be conducted in Los Angeles County, California, unless you and The Skills agree otherwise. If you are using the Service for commercial purposes, each party will be responsible for paying any JAMS filing, administrative and arbitrator fees in accordance with JAMS rules, and the award rendered by the arbitrator shall include costs of arbitration, reasonable attorneys’ fees and reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses. If you are an individual using the Service for non-commercial purposes: (i) JAMS may require you to pay a fee for the initiation of your case, unless you apply for and successfully obtain a fee waiver from JAMS; (ii) the award rendered by the arbitrator may include your costs of arbitration, your reasonable attorney’s fees, and your reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses; and (iii) you may sue in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction without first engaging in arbitration, but this does not absolve you of your commitment to engage in the informal dispute resolution process. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing in this Section shall be deemed as preventing The Skills from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts as necessary to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation, or violation of our data security, Intellectual Property Rights or other proprietary rights.
- Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver. With respect to all persons and entities, regardless of whether they have obtained or used the Service for personal, commercial or other purposes, all Claims must be brought in the parties’ individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action, collective action, private attorney general action or other representative proceeding. This waiver applies to class arbitration, and, unless we agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s Claims. You agree that, by entering into this Agreement, you and The Skills are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action, collective action, private attorney general action, or other representative proceeding of any kind.
- Assignment. This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by The Skills without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
- Entire Agreement/Severability. This Agreement, together with any amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with The Skills in connection with the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and The Skills concerning the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect, except that in the event of unenforceability of the universal Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver, the entire arbitration agreement shall be unenforceable.
- No Waiver. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and The Skills’ failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Force Majeure. The Skills will not be responsible for any failure to perform due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, war, riot, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, earthquakes, accidents, strikes, fuel crises, epidemics or quarantines, or content take-down requests.
- Contact. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions regarding this Agreement.